I started off with a blank slate... Really, very blank! There were some changes to my original plan, the fabric I chose discontinued after I purchased them from an online store. Being that time was running out, I went to countless local fabric stores instead of ordering online till I found the fabric I liked. I also eliminated the desk for a corner office spot in the room, I didn't want all that clutter accumulating in this wanna be sanctuary.
This was my original plan...
My mood board consisted of this...
The room evolved into this... and I am so happy for the way it turned out.
My real challenge for this room was to create a beautiful, relaxing space on a very limited budget. Which meant as many DIY's as possible.
My wonderful husband was so helpful and supportive with this whole process. He constructed this ginormous headboard for me and I love the way it turned out.
The side tables are painted Ikea dressers.
The drum shade chandelier was also a DIY
Making the curtains were a huge undertaking, I broke out into a song and dance as I finished sewing the final stitch.
Thank you for stopping by!