Saturday, May 10, 2014

Happy Weekend!

I want to thank everyone who visited and for leaving such sweet comments on my One Room Challenge reveal.  Thanks to Linda at Calling it Home for organizing and pulling this event together.  My master bedroom is complete, at least 99% of it.  If it wasn't for this challenge I would be procrastinating endlessly.

I started off with a blank slate... Really, very blank!  There were some changes to my original plan, the fabric I chose discontinued after I purchased them from an online store.  Being that time was running out, I went to countless local fabric stores instead of ordering online till I found the fabric I liked.  I also eliminated the desk for a corner office spot in the room, I didn't want all that clutter accumulating in this wanna be sanctuary.

This was my original plan...

My mood board consisted of this...

The room evolved into this... and I am so happy for the way it turned out.




My real challenge for this room was to create a beautiful, relaxing space on a very limited budget.  Which meant as many DIY's as possible. 

My wonderful husband was so helpful and supportive with this whole process.  He constructed this ginormous headboard for me and I love the way it turned out.



The side tables are painted Ikea dressers.







































The drum shade chandelier was also a DIY 


























Making the curtains were a huge undertaking, I broke out into a song and dance as I finished sewing the final stitch.   

I will be posting all the DIY tutorials and the sources at a later date, I hope you come back and check them out.


Thank you for stopping by!

Sherry


1 comment:

  1. Hey little lady! Looks like it's been awhile since your last post too! ;) Your bedroom turned out awesome. It's got a glamorous sexy vibe to it. Love it!

    Smiles!
    Sammy ~

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment

Content.ad - Widget 1

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...