Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sunburst mirror made with seashells



I have always loved sunburst mirrors!  So I was very exicted to make this one out of my favorite objects, SHELLS.  I don't have step-by-step pictures of this project, because I was just making it to put in my
Etsy shop.  It came out so pretty, I wanted to share it with you.

 First, I adhered abalone shell shards to the perimeter a wooden circle form.  Then placed all the tiny little pearlized umbonium shells all around the form, making sure to also put the shells on the inside edge.  Lastly, I attached a round mirror I purchased at my local craft store with mirror glue.




 What do you think?  Do you like this rendition of a sunburst mirror?

Thank you for stopping by!




Linking this post to:
RESTORE INTERIORS

4 comments:

  1. I totally love it! Obviously it couldn't be used with any decor, but it looks great! I'd use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is amazing! It has so much detail and is just so elegant. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting on my wine cork reindeer! I love your mirror, so beautiful and creative. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment

Content.ad - Widget 1

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...