Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Reupholstering dining chairs

I have been away from blogland for so long,  I missed all the creative and inspirational people I visit everyday!  I miss seeing all the great projects from all of you wonderful bloggers.  I am so glad to be back and start doing some projects of my own.  Enough of this laissez-faire lifestyle, I need to create!

I am going to start by reupholstering my dining room chair, it is long over due!  I really don't like these chair at all and I would love to just say adios to them… but I can't do that till I can replace them with other chairs.  Reupholstering the dining room chairs is the easiest and the least expensive way of refreshing the look of my dining room.  New fabric on the chair seats will renew the look of the room and can be accomplished in only a few minutes.


This is the new look...

This the way they looked before, they were dirty dingy looking and ripped.  They were quite embarassing!

 I first unscrewed the seat from the base of the chair.  Put the screws aside.


 Cut fabric leaving about extra 4 inches around the seat.  Turn over the seat so the bottom is facing up and make sure to align any pattern there may be (See what i mean by embarassing!).
 Pull fabric tightly and put a few staples in.  Take the fabric from the opposite side, pull tightly and staple.  Do the same on the other two sides… Then staple generously around the seat leaving the corners.


 At the corners neatly create a tri-fold with the fabric, pull taut and staple. You can cut off the extra fabric.
I secured the newly upholstered seat to the chair frame with the screws.  Five more to go, I will show you all the completed dining chairs tomorrow.



This refreshening is just what these chairs needed.  I really like the end results!


What kind of projects have you been working on lately, I would love to see them!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment

Content.ad - Widget 1

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...