Monday, April 11, 2011
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! As always, we are so very busy on the weekends with baseball, birthday parties, visiting friends and just connecting with the family. It is all good! However, I very rarely get to do any projects during the weekend. So I am going to show you this seashell wreath I did a little while ago and had added to my Etsy Shop. I love wreaths and I think a wreath on the front door gives a nice warm welcome into your home.
This is what you will need to make this project
Large grapevine wreath
Wide ribbon for bow
Variety of shells
A few hours
Ice cubes for when you burn your finger countless times!
1. Gather all your project needs
2. This is the back of the grapevine wreath, I forgot to take step-by-step pictures
3. I purchase these shells in craft stores, online and also pick them on our beach.
4. Tie the ribbon on the wreath first and later you can make the bow. I glued the shells right over the ribbon.
5. Glue layers of shells to give it a clustered effect. I glued flatter shells like scallops first to give more even base for the more shapely shell.
I hope you like this project, this is a great wreath to put on a front door, over a mantle, in a bathroom, etc…