Monday, April 11, 2011

Warm welcome


I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! As always, we are so very busy on the weekends with baseball, birthday parties, visiting friends and just connecting with the family. It is all good! However, I very rarely get to do any projects during the weekend. So I am going to show you this seashell wreath I did a little while ago and had added to my Etsy Shop. I love wreaths and I think a wreath on the front door gives a nice warm welcome into your home.

This is what you will need to make this project

Large grapevine wreath
Wide ribbon for bow
Glue gun
Variety of shells
A few hours
Ice cubes for when you burn your finger countless times!

1. Gather all your project needs

2. This is the back of the grapevine wreath, I forgot to take step-by-step pictures


3. I purchase these shells in craft stores, online and also pick them on our beach.

4. Tie the ribbon on the wreath first and later you can make the bow. I glued the shells right over the ribbon.

5. Glue layers of shells to give it a clustered effect. I glued flatter shells like scallops first to give more even base for the more shapely shell.




I hope you like this project, this is a great wreath to put on a front door, over a mantle, in a bathroom, etc…

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the bright starfish detail on this. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! So fresh and beachy. Love the little touch of color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! We live very close to the ocean so that would work so well in the summer for our house. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea: the next time we go to the beach, we'll be collecting shells! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment

Content.ad - Widget 1

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...