Saturday, April 2, 2011

My house - Part 1

Hi everyone, let me tell you a little bit about my house that I moved to two and a half years ago. It was the house that any normal, level-headed person would take a look inside from the front door and say they'd seen enough and walk away. Then comes my husband and me, we walk in and say, wow what a great house! Some say we could envision what it can be and some say we were down right crazy! I say we're little bit of both. The house had 30 year old carpet (never been vacuumed!), mold on the walls, skylights broken, holes in walls, list can on and on. The truth is, the reason for our eccentric move was location, location, location and affordability! Affordable because of the condition the house was in, it had a reasonable price tag and we also had the best realtor in the neighborhood, as the go to realtor. The house is located steps away from the beach and our street is always filled with children playing. Most importantly, there is great schools for my children to attend. What more can you ask for! My husband and his crew went to work right away taking down walls with mold, ripping up carpets, sanding floors, taking out 70's kitchen and installing beautiful new kitchen. Did I mention that my husband is a contractor, so as soon as the house was in a liveable condition, the work on the house came to a halt. Apparently, because he has to work on other people's house so that we can eat and live! I guess that is a reasonable excuse! Now here we are still in need of two new bathrooms, mouldings around the house, new staircase, backsplash in the kitchen and an endless list of things to do! So what's a girl to do but go into a rut for almost two years. Well, now that I started blogging and see all these wonderful, creative women accomplishing so much, I am inspired to jazz up my home again!

Here are some pictures of the beginning stages of our home renovation. (Warning! View these pictures at your own risk!)

In the process of livingroom and kitchen redo





Livingroom and diningroom floors sanded and stained, I chose a very dark stain for the floors.


Old dingy kitchen out and new kitchen in!



These pictures were taken two and a half years ago, I'll show you updated pictures later, hopefully today. (If I can get to fisnish the long list of things I have to do today)
Then I'll show you the pictures from the rest of my house.

1 comment:

  1. great job..always so satisfying to do it yourself....love the dark floor too! best, Susan

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment

Content.ad - Widget 1

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...