Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Transitional...

I came across some pictures I had taken of my friend's house a while back.  I had to share them with you becuase I love the way her house looked, so crisp, clean and light.  She had since changed the look of her home, I will show to you at a later date.


See the club chairs in the diningroom, they were reupholstered with a great contemporary fabric and looks completely different.


I love this chandelier in her foyer, it is reminds me of sea glass.  See that cabinet under the mirror, it is hiding the radiator for the heat.  The previous owner had cleverly hid the radiator by removing the back to the cabinet.  The louvre doors helps the heat escape.  Such a great way to conceal an unsightly radiator.  
Here is a closer look of that gorgeous chandelier.

Great window seat!

My husband the contractor, renovated their basement.  Alot of work was done in this space and turned out beautiful.  A wine cellar, a new bathroom, a bar was put in to make this space a place for them to entertain.  Radiant heating on the floor was installed to keep the toes nice and toasty.

Here is the after… Unfortunately, Hurricane Sandy came and destroyed this basement and they had to renovate 
again.  



Luckily, the bathroom didn't have to be redone after the hurricane.

I can't wait to show you what her house looks like now.  It is even more beautiful now!


            Thanks for stopping by!


Linking this post to:

4 comments:

  1. I can see why you love it! It is a gorgeous home, in love with that chandy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous home, wonderful photos. If I could manage it, I would have the 'white' home too. Alas, I am too messy for the look your friend has pulled off with such elegance. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful space and it looks so clean--makes me want to clean my house! A rare occurance! Hopped over from Common Ground. Nice to meet your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love your blog header and I love the oceans and the seas too!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment

Content.ad - Widget 1

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...