Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Some really fabulous interiors!


These days it is a bit hard to think of decorating and DIYs after all that we have been through with Hurricane Sandy.  
The first floor of my house is being ripped out down to the beams in order to remove all the sewage and salt water that came into the house.  We have to replace floors, walls, furniture, boiler, electric panel, hot water heater, etc… It is incomprehensible to think of how much it is going to take to revitalize our home, our community and all the damaged areas.
I am also getting a real lesson on how homeowner's insurance works or better yet not work for you when you are in need. If you don't have about $9,000 dollars in your back pocket to shell out to get your quintessentials like boiler, electric, water, bare necessaties to live,  you will be out in the cold for a long time!  Homeowner's insurance can take up to 60-90 days!  Oh, if you have homeowner's insurance and flood, FEMA does not give you anything!!  Have heard the expression "up the creek without a paddle"? Well, that is many of us!

So, I am trying my best to see if there is a bright side to all of this… However, I can't speak for anyone else.  Eventhough, it is going to be a long and arduous process, I am becoming a little excited about having to redo my living space. 

Here are some beautifully deocrated rooms I've gathered to inspire me in this endeavor.

























Source: houzz.com via Sheer on Pinterest

I hope you follow along with me as I try to restore my home one step at a time!

Thank you for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I love all of your inspiration!! Wishing you luck!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment

Content.ad - Widget 1

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...