Wednesday, February 25, 2015

DIY Ikea Rast hack

I was looking back at some of the projects I have done and noticed that I didn't share a how-to post on my Ikea Rast side table.  I think it's because there are so many of these hacks around, I didn't want to be redundant.  Nevertheless,  I figured I'll just put it out there to show what I did with the Rast.  I really like the way it turned out and it is so inexpensive.  



I heard Ikea furniture is notorious for having hundreds of pieces and is difficult to assemble.  So, I coerced my husband to put the two side tables together.  To his surprise it was pretty easy, alleluia!  I would've never heard the end of it if it was difficult!




I stained the exterior except for the drawers with espresso stain to match the other furniture in my bedroom.  


Then, I painted the drawer fronts with oil based high gloss paint.  Oil base paint gave it the smooth lacquer looking finish that I wanted.


I had ordered brass pulls from d.lawless hardware, they had really good prices and a nice selection. 



I really like the way it looks in my bedroom.  Have you done any Ikea hacks lately?  I would love to see it!

Thanks for stopping by!

Linking this party to:

1 comment:

  1. Ao passar pela net encontrei seu blog, estive a ver e ler alguma postagens
    é um bom blog, daqueles que gostamos de visitar, e ficar mais um pouco.
    Tenho um blog, Peregrino E servo, se desejar fazer uma visita.
    Ficarei radiante se desejar fazer parte dos meus amigos virtuais, saiba que sempre retribuo seguido também o seu blog. Minhas saudações.
    António Batalha.
    http://peregrinoeservoantoniobatalha.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment

Content.ad - Widget 1

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...