Wednesday, December 10, 2014

How to make Blue and White Chinoiserie ornaments

It seems that Blue and White China ornaments are all the craze.  Blue and White China is such a classic that no wonder Chinoiserie style ornaments would be a hit.  When I saw a few Blue and White ornaments while I was browsing through Pinterest, I had to try to make some.


I only had time to make one for now and it was pretty easy so I will be making a few more in a few days.  For now, here is how I made the Blue and white China ornament, I love the way it came out.

I couldn't find a pure white porcelain looking ornament, so I took a clear ornament and put white paint inside and twirled it around till it was opaque.


















This is what the clear ornament looks like with white paint inside.







I looked at some Blue and White ginger jars for some inspirations.  













I can't wait to paint some more!  How about you, have you made any ornaments this year?  

Thank you for stopping by!

Sherry


Linking this post to:



20 comments:

  1. I love the look of this, and really, you could leave this out all year! You are very talented. I'm visiting from Feathered Nest Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Love the way you swirled white paint inside.... Came over from Hometalk. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment

Content.ad - Widget 1

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...